On Sunday, October 18th, 2015, at 7:36 pm, dispatch began taking calls reporting an unknown type of fire coming from underneath a tarp in front of the Best Western Galaxy Inn at 1700 East Lebanon road. Within a few minutes, multiple calls were taken reporting supplies and other equipment on fire in the same location. Units arrived on location to find paint supplies, boxes, pallets, traps, propane tanks and a forklift on fire with extension to two personal vehicles. Crews from Engines 3, 6, 7 and Ladder 2 fought the fire which was deemed a hazmat situation. Crews from the Little Creek Fire Company responded with the Kent County Decon team as well as crews from The Delaware Department of Natural Resources. Those crews handled the Hazmat end of the incident. Assistant Chief Reeder had command.